Accident Procedures

If you are insured on our fleet policy:

If you are involved in an accident, please contact Demi on 0116 2849067 as soon as possible. She will then provide you with a claims number to add to your claims form. Completed claims forms should be returned to us within 48 hours of the incident occuring.






If you have your own insurance:

Firstly, call your insurance and get the claim registered. Ensure your insurance company are aware that the vehicle is a lease vehicle owned by Commercial Associates Ltd.

Please give us a call on 0116 284 9067 and ask for Demi. If your vehicle is driveable and able to be repaired, all we ask is to be kept up-to-date with the repair. This is so we know when you and your car are back on the road. If the vehicle is a total loss, please call on the same number and ask for Katie.

Make sure you have your insurance details to hand so we can contact them. Once the insurance claim is paid out, your contract will be automatically terminated. Until that point, you will remain liable for all rentals.

Please read your contract's terms and conditions for full details on what you will be liable for.


Windscreen Damage

If your windscreen becomes chipped, you should claim on your own insurance policy to cover the damage.

If you are insured by us on our driving instructor policy, then glass breakage is covered on a separate policy to your normal vehicle insurance. In this instance, you should call 0800 616122 and quote CACARS BN5624.


Glass cover carries a £150.00 excess payable to National Windscreens at the time of replacement and an additional £150.00 plus VAT (£180.00) if the glass requires ADAS recalibration. National Windscreens will carry out a parts check and advise this before work is completed.